Professional Services and Fees
One-on-one nutrition consultations are the ideal way to address your nutritional health needs and goals. I have extensive experience in the dietary management of:
- optimal nutrition for pregnancy & breastfeeding
- weaning babies onto a plant-based diet
- plant-based nutrition for children and adolescents
- treatment and prevention of nutrient deficiencies
- weight loss/gain
- Type 2 diabetes
- insulin resistance
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- gastrointestinal problems and food intolerances
- sports nutrition
- polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Consultations are available in West End, Brisbane or via Skype or phone.
INITIAL CONSULTATION COST: $125 (allow one hour) ($100 for Health Care Card holders)
SUBSEQUENT CONSULTATIONS: $65 (allow 30 minutes) ($55 for Health Care Card Holders)
NOTE: If you have the appropriate health insurance cover you may be eligible for a rebate from your health fund. Check with them about the amount etc. Medicare rebates apply (for up to 5 face-to-face consultations per year) if you have a referral in the form of a Chronic Disease Management Plan from your GP. (The Medicare rebate of $52.95 will be refunded upon payment of the full fee above.)
PLEASE NOTE: I do not provide consultations for people who have no interest in plant-based nutrition, as this is outside my area of practice.
What does a consultation involve?
When you book in for your first consultation you will be sent a link to a secure online form to fill out and return prior to your appointment. This form asks questions about your current and past health concerns, your current medications and supplements taken (if any) your current eating pattern, activity level and other relevant information. By completing this form before the appointment it enables us to make best use of the consultation time, as I will already have a lot of information about you before we meet.
An initial consultation starts with an assessment of your nutritional health and eating pattern, to determine if you are not only obtaining enough of all the essential nutrients, but are eating in a way that will help safeguard your future health (or that of your infant/child). We will discuss your health needs and goals, and I will advise you on recommended changes to make in line with these. A meal plan will be tailored to suit your health and nutritional needs, preferences and activity level.
Follow-up consultations provide ongoing advice and support to help you implement the changes and further fine tune recommendations to suit you.
Dietary Analysis (plus feedback and advice)
This service is ideal for people who would like to get their current eating pattern assessed to make sure they are meeting their requirements for essential nutrients.
Are you getting enough of all the vitamins and other essential nutrients you need, such as iron, zinc, magnesium, iodine and selenium? Are you getting too much of something? Our printouts and graphs will tell you what areas of your diet need addressing, and (more importantly) we will provide written feedback and information on how you can address any areas that need attention.
You need access to an iphone app "EasyDietDiary" to input your eating for five days to take advantage of this service. This service is conducted online, so no appointment is required.
COST OF A DIETARY ANALYSIS: $50
NOTE: The dietary analysis and feedback service is available FREE to all clients having an individual consultation, provided that they keep a food diary using the "Easy Diet Diary" app.
Other services I can provide include:
- menu (and recipe) assessment and development for food service establishments, caterers, institutions and families
- nutrition consulting services for new product development, including advice on ingredients, nutrient content and labelling requirements.
- lectures, workshops and courses on plant-based nutrition to groups of any type or size.
- workplace programs to help your staff get healthier and be more productive. (Including Dietary Analysis)
- in-home kitchen consultations
- Other services are available upon request, so please get in touch with your ideas. Contact me for details and pricing.